this could keep you busy....

http://mamasdoodles.blogspot.com/2007/08/tutu-tutorial-tuturial.html

Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pumpkin and Friends


Now, I am not calling anyone a pumpkin for sure but I am sure excited that my good friend Jodi is coming with her baby boy Brennen. For this great occasion I made some pumpkin scone like things, They have protein powder in them and use oatmeal as the filler as well. Using those was the nice part of me, the naughty? I added white chocolate chips. I felt like a baker at one of those fancy coffee houses. :)
These are gluten free of course and I think would make a great addition to a Holiday brunch, let me know what you think. I used honey instead of mollases, you could use corn syrup, but I try and stay somewhat away from that. I also skipped the raisins.
Pumpkin Protein Cookies
Fall just wouldn't be the same without an abundance of pumpkin-flavored treats, and this recipe allows you to indulge in them without feeling guilty. Made with vanilla protein powder, these spicy pumpkin cookies are perfect for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. Although Stella seems to only want the ones with the chocolate in them, she says the other ones "are missing something"

Ingredients:
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. applesauce
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 c. vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp. agave nectar
1 tbsp. molasses (corn syrup or honey)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. raisins (white chocolate chips)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine ingredients in a bowl, stirring until well combined. Drop cookies onto baking sheet and press down. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Makes 12 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment