this could keep you busy....

http://mamasdoodles.blogspot.com/2007/08/tutu-tutorial-tuturial.html

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Don't knock it till you've swapped it

Recently I was able to host a SWAP party thanks to WOOLITE and CROWDTAP. Where I had heard of this a couple of years ago while watching an episode of Giuliana & Bill. There were a few pieces that she had and it ended up being a wine party. Looked fun wither way to me. So out the invites went and I hoped for a great turn out. I was really excited because all of my friends are from different backgrounds and we all have different tastes. Such fun. I was not disappointed. We turned it into a potluck. We had jewelry, handbags, shoes and of course tops & bottoms. We drew names to see who got to rifle through the loot first. That was a toughy for the rest of us. We had already eyed up so many great things that we just hoped either A) it was not picked up or B) it didn't fit. All's fair in the game of love and fashion. None of us left empty handed and it was such a great way to recycle. We modeled our favorite pieces and laughed at some "what were you thinking" pieces too. Great fun was had by all. We also now have in our closets pieces we may not have ever picked for ourselves, but worked out all for the best, new & exciting. The few items that were left were donated to a woman's shelter. Woolite also supplied some free samples for us to take care of our new closet additions. If you ever have an opportunity to either host or attend one of these up & coming parties, I highly recommend going and checking it out. I am sure that you too will not leave empty handed. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment